Friday, February 11, 2011

Oracle User Group Season

As the winter starts to settle in and I ponder what I will be doing in the next few months I begin to plan my spring speaking season….and of course golf season.

We are a mere 2 1/2 months away from the the start of the COLLABORATE 11 conference. As well I am working with the Toronto Oracle User Group to help to put on another BI/DW day in March or April. So it’s time to get my materials together.

My session at COLLABORATE 11, is named Oracle Data Warehousing: Soup to Nuts. The focus is on providing a solid knowledge foundation in all of the areas which data warehouse architects need to be concerned with. I, along with my co-presenters Albert Hui and Jatinder Bhardwaj are planning to present details on how a data warehouse is designed and built. We will discuss how Agile development methodologies can be applied to data warehouse projects. This is something which organizations have not considered is if Agile can be applied to these projects. From the Thoughtcorp approach to Agile and warehousing has been combined and has now been shown in action to provide similar benefits to DW projects. In addition we will get technical and illustrate the features in Oracle which every data warehouse needs and when and why they should be used. This will be your toolkit for deployment. We will discuss ETL and how data should be loaded. This provides the attendee with knowledge on how you should use tools like OWB or ODI in your project. Finally we hope to touch on some of the benefits and successes of using the Exadata and how it can provide significant value in large data project.

I know it seems like a long way away, but in reality it could not be closer. So get on board. Get registered and come on out and see myself and others at COLLABORATE or at the next TOUG meeting and share your experiences along with ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment