Friday, April 17, 2009

Lots of Anticipation

With spring in the air I am filled with lots of anticipation about a lot of different things. This is a time of renewal and a time when we can leave the cold and look forward to some heat....at least in Canada.

What am I excited about at this time of year? First off is the upcoming IOUG Forum at COLLLABORATE09, where the best and latest techniques will be presented by the most renowned experts in the world. Lately I have talking to many people about the upcoming event and the great content and networking opportunities that attendees will have. This is our best chance to get together and I hope that at a time of economic stress people see the value that an event like ours provides to ensure that you keep your jobs and help your organizations survive the challenges.

Then I am excited about my current project. We are about to deliver the design for our solution. It is a solution that provides the customer with a great framework to deliver the information and value that they need. In addition the use of Oracle 11g and Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) is an exciting technical implementation. In the past 2 years, I have seen OWB going from being nowhere on the local ETL scene to today where Thoughtcorp is involved with 3 different organizations using OWB. The emergence of the product is exciting for companies looking for cost-effective and productive ETL solutions.

Finally, the excitement is for the start of golf season. For those of you who live in climates that don’t allow you to play golf 12 months a year understand this form of anticipation. The grass is turning green and I prepare to hit the links. Over that past few years I have encouraged my passion for the game. I enjoy the game, the company and being out on a great course. My game provides lots of potential that if and when I can harness it can actually look like golf. My golf course has yet to open but it should be soon. This is the truest meaning of anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment